Making A Difference TOGETHER
“People need to feed themselves, next they need to feed their own communities.”
– Wendell Berry
Grace Café Community Impact as of 12/31/16
- 21,820 meals served since opening in July of 2015.
- 15,403 meals served to-date in 2016.
- In 2016, an average of 57 meals served per day. The record is 134 meals served in one day.
- To-date in 2016, 449 unduplicated volunteers have worked a total of 3,422 hours.
- Of those, 160 individuals have worked a total of 1,036 hours in exchange for meals.
- Volunteers have worked a total of 328 of required community service hours.
- Volunteers have worked a total of 2,050 voluntary community service hours.
- To-date, average amount paid/donated for a meal: $9.94. The average ticket order is $13.11. Meaning, there is a gap of $3.06 between the suggested donation/price and what is actually being donated/paid. This is a reflection of our mission at work – people who are paying what they can or volunteering in exchange for a meal.
- Currently, 62.3% of the Cafe’s annual budget comes from what people are donating/paying for their meals. Every year, we must raise the remaining 37.7% from individual donors, corporate sponsors, local, state and national funders, and special events.
- To-date, Grace Café has the support of 293 individual donors, including 19 monthly sustaining donors.
- The Café receives support from 20 local faith communities, and 14 national, state and local corporate partners and funders including: TJX Foundation, Hobart Corp., KY Welfare Foundation, Trim Masters Foundation, Community Trust Bank, Farmer’s National Bank, Bluegrass Chiro, Stuart Powell Lincoln/Ford/Mazda, and the National Christian Foundation.
- Since opening, Grace Café has invested $30,736.08 in local agriculture by buying direct from local farmers, growers and artisan producers.
- Grace Café’s 2016 expense budget, when broken down into four main categories, reflects the following expenses:
- People – 45.18% ($116,479.99)
- Food – 27.65% ($71,288.85)
- Facility – 13.97% ($36,026.89)
- Administration – 13.2% ($34,000.75)