AS OF 12/31/17
- 41,418 meals served since opening in July of 2015.
- 19,598 meals served in 2017. An increase of 27% from 2016
- An average of 56 meals are served per day. The record is 144 meals served in one day.
- In 2017, 658 unduplicated volunteers worked a total of 4,761 hours.
- Of those, 289 individuals worked a total of 840 hours in exchange for meals; 1,417 hours for required community service (court, housing, education); and 2,450 hours for voluntary community service.
- In 2016, 449 unduplicated volunteers worked a total of 3,422 hours. Of those, 160 individuals worked a total of 1,036 hours in exchange for meals.
- To-date, average amount paid/donated for a meal: $9.54. The average ticket order is $12.93. Meaning, there is a gap of $3.39 between the suggested donation/price and what is actually being donated/paid. This is a reflection of our mission at work – people who are paying what they can or volunteering in exchange for a meal.
- Currently, 65% of the Café’s annual budget comes from what people are donating/paying for their meals. Every year, we must raise the remaining 35% from individual donors, corporate sponsors, local, state, and national funders, and special events.
To-date, Grace Café has the support of 361 individual donors, including 33 monthly sustaining donors. In addition, the Café receives support from 11 faith communities, and 20 national, state and local corporate partners and funders including: The City of Danville, The Hudson-Ellis Foundation, TJX Foundation, Clif Bar Family Foundation, Hobart Corp., KY Welfare Foundation, Dana Corp. Foundation, Bob Allen Motor Mall, Trim Masters Foundation, Farmers National Bank, Stuart Powell Lincoln/Ford/Mazda, Bob Allen Motor Mall, Good Foods Co-op, and the National Christian Foundation.
- Since opening, Grace Café has invested $59,597.66 in local agriculture by buying direct from local farmers, growers, and artisan food producers.
- Grace Café’s 2018 Operating Budget when broken down into four main categories, reflects the following expenses:
- People – 53.53% ($188,615)
- Food – 26.74% ($94,177)
- Facility – 12.03% ($42,350)
- Administration – 7.67% ($26,985)